Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and other dangerous pathogens, maintaining constant disinfection in your office is more important than ever. A regular schedule of deep cleaning and comprehensive disinfection is crucial for protecting employees, clients, customers, and visitors. ServiceMaster Twin Cities is at your service to offer thorough disinfection and commercial cleaning services.
It’s important that facility managers do their part to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. While many are moving towards full-time remote work, there are still plenty of companies that require an on-premises presence to get the job done at the office. Let’s take a look at the benefits of professional cleaning services and see what facility managers can do to protect their business from potential outbreaks.
Benefits of Regular Professional Cleaning and Disinfection
Routine cleaning from a trained janitorial service has become the norm for long-term cleanliness and peace of mind to organizations in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. A few benefits of working with a professional commercial cleaning company are:
- You protect yourself from compliance issues
- You protect the health of your staff and customers
- Your business can outsource cleaning services with greater accountability and precision with lower overheads
- You get a more thorough cleaning than in-house staff
- You benefit from professional-grade equipment and training
- You can get long-term disinfectant protection between cleanings
Disinfection Guidelines To Follow Between Cleanings
Professional cleanings are essential for proper disinfection of the workplace, but it’s just as important to clean and disinfect between professional services. Best practices to ensure a clean environment, according to the CDC, are:
- Have employees wash their hands regularly for at least 20 seconds.
- When handwashing is not immediately available, use 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer before or after interacting with individuals
- There are plenty of EPA-approved disinfectants, but the most easy-to-access solution is water mixed with household bleach in the following mixtures:
- Floors and larger surface cleaning: 5 tablespoons bleach per gallon of water.
- Spray bottle applications: 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
- Regularly clean and disinfect high-touch items and common areas. This includes:
- Desktop computers
- Light switches
- Shared tools
- Elevator and elevator buttons
- And more
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) properly, especially wearing masks over the nose and the mouth.
- Dispose of gloves, masks, and other PPE in proper receptacles.
- Use disposable cleaning cloths to avoid cross-contamination.
- Regularly change the filters of all HVAC units. Use the highest MERV filter that their unit is capable of (such as MERV 13 for office buildings).
- Maintain proper social distancing measures in the office of 6 feet between staff, clients, and visitors.
- Limit who comes into the office and keep visitors to a minimum unless necessary.
- Update the design of the office with partitions between desks and social spaces.
- Install directional signage for one-way entry along hallways and staircases.
- Provide signage around the office that will keep everyone mindful of proper hygiene.
Rely On A Trusted Commercial Cleaning Company for Optimal Cleanliness
Hiring certified technicians to clean, disinfect, and protect your business from spreading bacteria is the best way to prevent exposure to COVID-19. ServiceMaster Twin Cities provides both short-term emergency disinfection and routine cleaning services in the Little Rock, Arkansas area.
Gain peace of mind and compliance with CDC guidelines by partnering with ServiceMaster Twin Cities for all of your commercial cleaning needs. Contact us today to learn more about our commercial cleaning and disinfection services.